Menu Close

Godezonne Farm Cemetery

Information from the website of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission:
Godezonne Farm Cemetery is located 7 km south west of Ieper town centre, on the Kriekstraat, a road leading from the Kemmelseweg.
The cemetery was made in the garden of Godezonne Farm, between February and May 1915 by the 2nd Royal Scots and the 4th Middlesex. Three further burials were added in 1916 and the cemetery was enlarged after the Armistice when graves were brought in from a wide area north and east of Kemmel. Godezzone Farm Cemetery contains 79 First World War burials, 44 of them unidentified. The cemetery was designed by W H Cowlishaw.


The men

P. Battles
George Miller Brooke
Thomas Butcher
W.F. Caiger
Harry Dunkley
Frederick Fay
J. Fox
Lachlan Henry Veitch Fraser
H.W. Garrett
Arthur Gordon
Arthur Gates Harris
Charles Stuart Hedderwick

Thomas Kinloch Henderson
H. Hickson
A.W. King
Frederick William King
Douglas Arthur Kinnaird
Frederick Lewis
A.E. Linton
George Mitchell
Eric Elsdale Molson
Henry George Nott
A.J. Payne
F.S. Peoples

William Patrick Quinn
G. Roadnight
L.P. Roberts
W.E. Sampson
Harry Douglas Saward
C. Shepherd
F.J. Steward
Frank Wagstaff
David Waugh
A. Wilkinson
Albert Stephen Willis


Go back