Menu Close

Dragoon Camp Cemetery

Information from the website of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission:
Boezinge is located north of the town of Ieper on the N369 road, direction Diksmuide.
Dragoon Camp was a little south of the Boesinghe (now Boezinge)-Pilckem road, approached by a track leading from a point near Dragoon House, past the Villa Gretchen. The site was taken by the 38th (Welsh) Division on 31 July 1917 and the cemetery, called at first the Villa Gretchen Cemetery, was begun by the 13th Royal Welch Fusiliers on 9 August. It continued in use until October 1917. Dragoon Camp Cemetery contains 66 First World War burials, ten of them unidentified. The cemetery was designed by A J S Hutton.


The men

R.W. Atkin
Arthur Sidney Banbury
G. Barnett
Arthur Stanley Brown
G. Brown
H.C.H. Chambers
John Francis Cleary
F. Crickmer
E. Davies
H.M. Davies
R.E. Davies
T.H. Davies
John Davies
William Lloyd Davies
W. Dawkins
James Dickson
P.S.A. Edwards
W. Edwards
A. Frampton

A. Fraser
W. Griffiths
W.H. Gurner
Alfred Horne
Richard Gladstone Hough
J. Irvine
W. James
Llewellyn Jones
J. Jones
Arthur William Lewis
T.H. Lovell
S.A. Maddock
A. Mills
Thomas Cyril Nicholls-Jones
F. Pierson
Wilfred James Pinniger
J. Poole
Frederick Edgar Price
William Henry Richter

John William Rogers
R.H.L. Rogers
E.T. Rose
Reginald Stokes
Harry Tennant
J. Thomas
Oliver Thornton
P. Tonge
E. Turner
R. White
Henry Herbert Whitehorn
Frank Wilcock
Wilfred Wilcock
Charles Henry Williams
D.M. Williams
E.C. Williams
W.O. Williams
T. Williams


Go back